TC Vallarta Properties
Travel tips & things to do
If you're anything like me, once your Mexico trip is all booked you begin counting down the days to not only sit on the beach and relax, but to also completely gorge yourself on chips, salsa and authentic guacamole. Today we are going to share the staff's take on the Mexican classic. Your concierge, Edith, has provided this recipe and let me tell you it does not disappoint.
Edith's Guacamole Recipe
2 fresh tomatoes (diced)
1/2 red onion (diced)
1 green chile (also known as a serrano pepper) finely diced
1 cilantro bushel finely chopped *added to taste
salt to taste
1. Slice avocados down the middle and remove the pit(s)
*save one pit
2. Add avocados to a large bowl and smash with a fork to desired consistency.
3. Add tomatoes, onion, green chile to bowl. Stir well.
4. Slice lemons in half and squeeze both lemons juice into bowl. Stir.
4. Add salt & cilantro to taste. Stir again.
5. Add one avocado pit back into the bowl. This will keep freshness and prevent browning of avocados.
If you're anything like me you've been using limes in lieu of lemons, and let me tell you that was hands down the secret ingredient to taking my guac up a notch! I hope you enjoy!
Hi everyone! My name is Heidi & I am the Property Manager & Events Coordinator for TC Vallarta Properties. An original Pacific Northwest gal turned Rocky Mountain dweller who is lucky enough to spend several weeks out of the year in my favorite place, Puerto Vallarta!! I am here to provide you with travel tips, things to do on your vacation & destination wedding or elopement advice.